Scam that probably isn't

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
stork

Scam that probably isn't

Post by stork »

Here we go: I get 3 enquiries and a booking request through HA; 3 weeks in the summer + 2 during winter: All from the same person, who in one enquiry signs as Dr. A Name and Dr. B Name*).

Looks a bit fishy, but
- with 5 months to the Requested booking, this is a bit long for card fraud through yapstone.
- Name is unusual, I search for it and 1 hit shows up, a German doctor who has recently retired.

Then the story fits - likely to have funds and time for longish holidays, and he could have been flustered by HA's booking system.

I will probably go ahead with it.

What would you have done?

*) Names changed, obviously
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Perhaps there are two doctors married to each other. The wife retaining her professional maiden name. Or perhaps not so much as married to each other.
GRL

Post by GRL »

AndrewH wrote:Perhaps there are two doctors married to each other. The wife retaining her professional maiden name. Or perhaps not so much as married to each other.
On a complete aside and total thread creep I had an ancestor who ran away with his step mother and they lived together as Mr and Mrs B .... they were both Mr B and Mrs B they were never married :lol:
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Part of my reason for missing a double booking via OD last year was that both the husband and wife had enquired separately for the same dates.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Essar

Post by Essar »

Rosie wrote:
AndrewH wrote:Perhaps there are two doctors married to each other. The wife retaining her professional maiden name. Or perhaps not so much as married to each other.
On a complete aside and total thread creep I had an ancestor who ran away with his step mother and they lived together as Mr and Mrs B .... they were both Mr B and Mrs B they were never married :lol:
My second cousin on my maternal grand uncles side of the family allegely had an affair with the unmarried goddaughter of Buffalo Biils second wives first husbands aunty - one was called Angus the other Julie - just saying 8)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Essar wrote:
Rosie wrote:
My second cousin on my maternal grand uncles side of the family allegely had an affair with the unmarried goddaughter of Buffalo Biils second wives first husbands aunty - one was called Angus the other Julie - just saying 8)
I’ve had to think about that long and hard Essar, and check all the documented evidence, but there is no doubt - you’re my sister!
GRL

Post by GRL »

greenbarn wrote:
Essar wrote:
Rosie wrote: On a complete aside and total thread creep I had an ancestor who ran away with his step mother and they lived together as Mr and Mrs B .... they were both Mr B and Mrs B they were never married :lol:
I’ve had to think about that long and hard Essar, and check all the documented evidence, but there is no doubt - you’re my sister!
Ahhhhh - we're all related :shock:
Essar

Post by Essar »

greenbarn wrote:
Essar wrote:
Rosie wrote: On a complete aside and total thread creep I had an ancestor who ran away with his step mother and they lived together as Mr and Mrs B .... they were both Mr B and Mrs B they were never married :lol:
Yup - one of them transgenerals - not unusually normal but normally usual! :D
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"