Most popular lets

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
rotaman

Most popular lets

Post by rotaman »

Can anyone tell me which are the most popular holiday 'lets' as in way of in the countryside 'out in the sticks' or in town and villages for sleeping 10 to 12 people.
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Difficult to answer unless one has a number of properties of different sizes in different locations...

Mine sleeps 3 with one single and one double bedroom.... I would have preferred 2 double bedrooms but couldn't afford it..

Sleeps 3 is fairly unusual and probably not what would be recommended but seems to have worked for me..

English Country Cottages suggested that I was likely to get 23- 28 weeks booked a year in my location ..

Once I advertised independently I got 40 weeks!
rotaman

Best Lets

Post by rotaman »

That's very good lettings for one year Rosebud, hope am as luck in 2017,
canal boating 'the fastest way to slow down'
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

A belated reply.

We find the most popular niche in Herefordshire and S Shropshire and area is sleep 10. Ideally at least 2 en suites taking pets.

But since the new year a little life has returned to the sleep 2 market which has suffered from over-supply. We suspect it is partly due to seeing abroad as a bit more dangerous than it used to be... but it might only be a blip.

Larger lets are less weather dependent, demand is less flexible and supply, although rising, has not matched the increase in supply of smaller ones. In addition, more guests are joining groups.

A sleep 10 booking can easily remove 5 sleep 2 bookings although the usual pattern is to remove two or three with the remainder being a family.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting