Bank accounts?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Update re online BBVA account

You don´t have to turn up in person. They requested a copy of my NIE but not my passport which I thought strange. Sent the NIE and received a request for my passport ....sigh.

If you open one of these accounts and you have more than 650 euros being lodged each month they give you 20 euros per month. Pretty good deal. I read the Ts & Cs and couldn´t see anything scary.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Casscat wrote:
lorca wrote:[quote="Casscat"I will not use Sabadell - :evil: .
Why?
They pretty much accused me of being a money launderer and made me close my account. They closed it on the spot and paid my balance back to me in cash in an envelope. I was gobsmacked. I am a financial services professional and am fully aware of international anti-money laundering regulations. Their behaviour was appalling.[/quote]

Oh no - very sorry to hear that Casscat - we haven't had any problems with them, but it could just be luck.
If not now, when?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Well, now I have a account with Evo, and I can't for the life of me work out how they make money out of me.

Free withdraws from ATMs all over Europe, the card is a mixed credit and debit card with no fees, 0.5% interest on balance, no cost to open or close the account, you have pay in €600 per month, but that can be revolving from another account, and transfers are free. It's not an introductory offer.

Am I missing something?

http://www.evobanco.com
Cheers
PC
CSE

Post by CSE »

Well done.
That is run by the bank Abanca, it seems it is not run in Galicia.
Before that it was the troubled bank CaixaGalicia.
However since that crisis it is gradually become better financially, So much so it will soon be out of regular controls from Brussels.
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/ec ... P37991.htm
Still all Spanish banks will soon have to pay back the overpayments in mortgages. I bet the customer will still end up paying for that too.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Paul I will have to look at that account. However I do have to make cash withdrawals over the counter which exceed my ATM limit so how would this work with Evo? can you use the counter services of other banks? What about all the rubber stamping and paying of bills you have to do in person in bank branches??