Honeypot Cottages new website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
HoneypotCottages

Honeypot Cottages new website

Post by HoneypotCottages »

If anybody has a moment, I'd be interested to have some feedback on our new website. Feedback so far has been positive but fellow LMH members may be able to tell me if anything's not as it should be.

General availability will only show you a couple of months ahead however when you click on an individual cottage, the availability shown looks much further ahead.

The new website should allow for all mobile devices to see the site clearly and will also allow on line bookings.

Any feedback most welcome. Thanks in advance!

Andy
Andy Smith
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

The new website address is ...
HoneypotCottages

oops...(!) and thanks...

honeypotcottages.co.uk
Andy Smith
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Feedback

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
The cottages look great
My comments / feedback
-I could not find any prices or rates ?
-The pages seem to load slowly, so I ran a Web page speed test
Results are via link - http://www.webpagetest.org/result/170107_53_PVW/
It seems to show it took 20 seconds to load
The images scored low , I believe they are not compressed but I am not an expert
Hope that helps
Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
HoneypotCottages

I appreciate the feedback Larry 8)
Andy Smith
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Here's a biased view that you may find interesting (or not).

Loved the first impression. I opened the website to see that it was advertising a very pretty cottage and while I was admiring the photo of the cottage, it went away and replaced itself with another cottage. Yuck how do I get to see the one I was looking at?

OK, scrolled down the page a bit and saw dozens of other cottages, so I now realised it was a website advertising lots of cottages. Now I understand. So I found the one I liked and clicked to see more.

And once again, I was presented with a really lovely photo to review and I then started reading some of the info below the photo, but got distracted by rolling photos above.

Oh heck, thats all too busy and annoying so I closed the site entirely.

Sorry.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I agree with e-richard and I also think you need to say who Honeypot Cottages are on your documents, contracts, privacy policies etc. https://www.gov.uk/choose-company-name
HoneypotCottages

Thanks for the feedback so far...very much appreciated.

Andy
Andy Smith
Villarais

Post by Villarais »

Fabulous photos - all so light and bright.

I agree with e-richard though that when I am looking at a potential holiday rental I first need to check what is important e.g. perhaps wifi, private parking, where are the beds, or whatever else matters, and I do not want a scrolling set of pictures at that stage distracting me.
When I get to the stage of looking at photos I am happy to click on the 'next' button myself as I like to spend more time on some photos than others.

I also agree with VillaAntonioLanzarote that the site loads slowly even with my moderately quick broadband. Usually at this stage kevsboredagain comes along to say something like the photo sizes are too big for the spaces where they are placed. He can explain it better than me.
Jay GHC

Post by Jay GHC »

I think its a good website, its easy to navigate from page to page and you've added a lot of extras like local information and lots of maps.

I agree with Larry that it took a while to load. I also agree that some of the cottages look a lot more appealing than others from the outside. So I would suggest using internal photos as your main photo for some of your cottages as the inside of the cottages look great! First impressions really count online.

I'd also make it a bit clearer what kind of business you are from the home page. Something like saying "14 beautiful cottages in the heart of the Cotswolds".

I was also was a bit confused in the about me link which took me to your tweets.

But please dont take the critism in a bad way. Its a great website and im sure you'll get lots of bookings!
HoneypotCottages

Thanks again for the feedback... 8)
Andy Smith
HoneypotCottages

newtimber wrote:I agree with e-richard and I also think you need to say who Honeypot Cottages are on your documents, contracts, privacy policies etc. https://www.gov.uk/choose-company-name
New Timber - I believe this is just for Limited companies..?
Andy Smith