Moving on

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
costa-brava

Moving on

Post by costa-brava »

In the last couple of years we have managed to sell off 4 of our properties. We took a thumping loss on three of them but we have got rid of the mortgages and each had some equity. Just a couple left which will now give us some real income.
So "life is a beach" (not a bitch) and now I'm having a wonderful time collecting sea glass. After the winter storms it's in good supply and I've got heaps of the stuff. I'm hooked.
So if anyone out there is into sea glass jewelry making I can supply you at give-away prices. I've started an Etsy shop but it's slow to get going.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Give us a link then! So we can see your creations! Do have your own website as well, even if it is just a Facebook page.

Wishing you every success!
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Thanks for your good wishes. My shop in Etsy is CalaSeaGlass. I still don't have a lot of things on yet but I have had my first sale. I also started another shop The Crafty Sea for driftwood and shells and things but there is nothing on it. I am hooked on collecting the stuff but a bit slow at the marketing.
Today I got dozens of tiny little gems swishing in on the waves as I stood there. And an "agave" stem to make a didgeridoo. My wife's going spare!!
Pirou

Post by Pirou »

I'm a beach fan who spends more time looking down at the sand than up at the sea and sky. But despite looking carefully I hardly ever find sea glass and if I do it looks to be last nights smashed bottle. :(

I shell :wink: keep an eye on your Etsy shop.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Never realised sea glass had a market value! I also collect it and have jars full.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I collect it but don't have enough visits to the sea and time to find it. There's also very little I find when I look on our particular beach. Much as I'd like to buy it, I want the satisfaction of collecting it local to my properties so there's a genuine connection. It could take the rest of my life at the rate I'm going to fill up one jar!