Stay in Britain

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
zebedee

Stay in Britain

Post by zebedee »

I have received an email offering increased profile on the Stay in Britain website for an extra 50p per week.

Has anyone taken this up and is it worthwhile?
Many thanks
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've never heard of it. I went on the website and found an incredibly uninspiring site. Unless it's bringing traffic to your website I wouldn't waste a penny on it just based on my initial glance.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Thanks Nemo. That was my first reaction as well.

I went on the Visit England website recently only to see that they now post huge adverts for agency sites, plus a section for Premium properties which I think I have had emails about paying to be included on but again ignored.

Now our listing on Visit Britain is practically invisible. It just seems that they want more and more money for providing the same service. That is probably ok for the owners of more than one property as the advertising costs pro rata are reduced but we are a small sleeps 4 cottage so everything has to be carefully considered.

I did actually get one booking from the old Visit England site but this won't happen again unless I pay the additional money.
sas401

Post by sas401 »

They are not the same as stay in britain as far as I know and basing on what I see on the website.

Does anyone in wales have any suggestions for good value sites as I need to attract a slightly "better" clientele, we seem to be attracting too many economy trippers.