is this a scam - Wade Denman

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
isplumm

Post by isplumm »

Hi

Glad I decided to make this public - seems to be making contact with numerous gites all over France!

Mark
LaMaisonBlanche

Post by LaMaisonBlanche »

Hi

I have just received an enquiry from him for 2 weeks from April 8 to 22 ! Seems very active !
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've had it too - not sure what the scam is but definitely not a legitimate enquiry.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think it is followed up by an overpayment request.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

I have had the follow up email regarding cheque payment, flooded property etc.
As the enquiry came through our own website contact form I was able to trace "Wade's" ISP to Nigeria !
Total confirmation of scam but better quality English than the usual scams from that region. They're getting better !
What would Plato do ?
Keith&Joke

Post by Keith&Joke »

I'm grateful to Wade Denman as he led me to this forum!

We had exactly the same emails. One of the directory sites we use was quick off the mark to spot it and warn us. We were already suspicious, after so many years you develop a sort of sixth sense when something is not quite right!

I'm grateful for bornintheuk's post, it highlighted the benefit of trapping visitors' ISPs. I'm currently redoing our web site and I'll build that in!

Keith
Peggymac

Account suspended

Post by Peggymac »

We reported him to abuse@outlook.com and they have suspended his account, so he'll probably change his name...
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre
greenbarn

Re: Account suspended

Post by greenbarn »

Peggymac wrote:We reported him to abuse@outlook.com and they have suspended his account, so he'll probably change his name...
That’s about as much as Outlook can do unfortunately. Now if anyone knew Wade’s whereabouts his details could be sent to abuse@ LuigiAndDaBoys, which is very different. Rather than being a report of abuse, it’s more of a call to action... :twisted:
bornintheuk

Re: Account suspended

Post by bornintheuk »

greenbarn wrote:
Peggymac wrote:We reported him to abuse@outlook.com and they have suspended his account, so he'll probably change his name...
That’s about as much as Outlook can do unfortunately. Now if anyone knew Wade’s whereabouts his details could be sent to abuse@ LuigiAndDaBoys, which is very different. Rather than being a report of abuse, it’s more of a call to action... :twisted:
I think we ought to get hold of Doug and Dinsdale Piranha - get a proper job !
What would Plato do ?
Tominfrance

Post by Tominfrance »

He contacted us too. Same thing. We sent him the contract which came back by return, signed with all contact details. W were ( rightly) suspicious, but were out of the country so didn't telephone first (as we usually would). It'll be interesting to see if he gets back in touch now his outlook mail account has been suspended.
I have to say that had he not been so greedy he may have hoodwinked some ( he may still) because he is VERY convincing...
He originally wanted us to accept a 3rd party cheque, which we refused. He then agreed to do a bank transfer, but then replied that he would get the French owner to transfer the money yo our account. So I suspect he's acting out of Africa but with a French account? If he gets back in touch I'll play along but hand it over to the bank's fraud people.
Oh, no. Not him again.
Tominfrance

Wade denman

Post by Tominfrance »

He's back on outlook, claiming his account has been hacked. Same name, slightly different address. This is a different person though. Quite good English but not as good as the previous contact. I've reported it to Outlook, so he should be suspended soon.
Oh, no. Not him again.
Tominfrance

Post by Tominfrance »

Interestingly he said he wanted the overpayment transferred into a UK bank account ..
Oh, no. Not him again.