Admin change and unliking

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Little Villa

Admin change and unliking

Post by Little Villa »

Apologies if you find you have an 'Unlike' on your FB page, as we have changed the admin on our page. You will be 'Liked' again by our new admin. :)
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I lose 'Likes' sometimes but can never work out who has unliked

I didn't realise changing admin would mean you got unliked

I seem to be stuck in a rut, I get 3 or 4 new likes then I lose some, I can't work out how or why :shock:

Sandra
mmg

Post by mmg »

The fall in the number of page likes isn't necessarily because somebody has actually unliked your page, if a page follower doesn't like/react to or comment on a post on your page for a certain length of time (I think it's six months), they will automatically be removed from your list of likes.

Your facebook posts are initially shown on the newsfeed of approx. 6% of your followers, if there is little or no response it won't go any further, so it's possible that some of your followers won't see a post from your page for six months unless they actively seek out your page.
Little Villa

FB likes and stuff

Post by Little Villa »

How depressing that only 6% of your likers get your posts! :( Aaargh! It makes me feel that there's not much point. I've only got 30+ likes since Aug '16. I am not a FB natural and I don't find it easy. I didn't even have my own personal profile, as I never felt the need.

Which brings me to the admin issue. Our page was set up from Admin A, who has a personal page but who didn't want to do the FB page posts, so I had to hijack his profile to post on the page. We joined a FB group, which means that we spammed all his friends with our posts. The only solution I could find was to have a new admin, Admin B - me, which meant I had to have my own personal profile and be a friend to Admin A. I deliberately have only 1 friend, Admin A, so I can't spam my friends. We then discovered, of course, that Admin B has to like all the existing liked pages as a personal profile to get the posts and Admin A needs to unlike them. Phew!

My daughter suggested Twitter instead, but I don't know if I can face it.
mmg

Post by mmg »

Posts with video rather than photos reach a higher number of newsfeeds, and the 6% is just initially - if they are liked/shared the reach will increase.

I'm not a natural on social media sites either, I really struggle to be honest, but I'm trying as I think it's a great way to let people know what is available to visitors to our area. I think I understand the way facebook works now and I've just started on twitter, not much response there just yet but I have connected with local tourist agencies and we are sharing content so hopefully it will improve.