Themed Holiday Ideas

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
peyre blanque

Themed Holiday Ideas

Post by peyre blanque »

Has anyone heard of this organisation please - they've telephoned us and it costs £65 for two years. www.themedholidayideas.com it might be an interesting idea?

Ross
GRL

Post by GRL »

Dotty

Post by Dotty »

This is a longer thread which also discusses them:

http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23780

They are very persistent until you sign up.
I gambled £55 for a 2 year listing. Nothing from them. They asked me to renew a couple of weeks ago, so that's my 2 years up with nothing to show for it.
peyre blanque

Thanks

Post by peyre blanque »

Thanks Dotty - and others. It's an interesting concept, but seems to be a bit random in finding renters .

Ross
GRL

Post by GRL »

Ha ha - I got cold called by Sam today offering to promote my accommodation to people booking themed holidays in my area - however when I looked on the website I couldn't find any mention of themed holidays in the area of France where I am.
declanja

Post by declanja »

Sam called me yesterday. No mention that she was calling looking for advertisers. Looking for dates in April or September at first. Then advised me on their commission free website where bookers can reserve their accommodation with me. I agreed to be sent an email and hey presto, its is free apart from the £68 fee for setting it up. Emailed Sam and questioned her selling method. She was very upset at my questioning. Advised her I had read about her company here on LMH and no further contact!
Declan
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

declanja wrote:Sam called me yesterday. No mention that she was calling looking for advertisers. Looking for dates in April or September at first. Then advised me on their commission free website where bookers can reserve their accommodation with me. I agreed to be sent an email and hey presto, its is free apart from the £68 fee for setting it up. Emailed Sam and questioned her selling method. She was very upset at my questioning. Advised her I had read about her company here on LMH and no further contact!
Declan
Exactly the same approach here - if she'd been up front about the listing fee I'd have been more interested. It's the deliberate omission of this whilst emphasising that commission free element that destroys the trust. I also didn't get any further contact after I emailed saying that I'd have liked a more truthful sales pitch.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just received the cold call from Sam. As soon as I asked the company name I knew of them from here. Yes, I got the 'we don't make money from sending people your way.' It's insulting quite frankly that she thinks we're not intelligent enough to see through her tactics! I'll be binning the email when it arrives.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just so everyone here is clear what Sam thinks of us, here's her reply to my email, in reply to hers. I said I wasn't interested in a site I'd never heard of, where the costs weren't revealed upfront, therefore trust was broken, and that had been the subject of several threads here where only one owner had purportedly had bookings from it and that was their one and only post.
There's a lot I could say about that, especially that stupid Lay My Hat forum started by narrow minded horrible property owners who have nothing better to do with their time, but I really can't be bothered dealing with owners any more.

Good luck with your bookings!
That's us told then :lol: :lol: :lol:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

PRICELESS!!!! : :D :D :D
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

...and the Donald Trump Award for Shooting Yourself in the Foot goes to....

Note - if you’re going to shoot yourself in the foot, remember to take it out of your mouth first... :roll: :roll:
peyre blanque

Appalling in every way

Post by peyre blanque »

Spot on Nemo. Mrs R decided it was worth the small investment some time earlier this year. Needless to say - no results whatever.
Their (is there more than one of them - or perhaps they share a brain cell?) business model is nonsensical and I doubt there's ever been a single booking from the website.
I had a call from the ever so chatty Sam earlier this week with her usual approach of ' I see you have availability in March' but I thought I recalled the line and asked if it was Sam from Themed Holiday Ideas and she put the phone down instantly.
So she hadn't even looked to see if she was cold calling an existing customer........Doh!
I did think I might call or send a mail to let her know what a poor company they were but simply couldn't be arsed.