Website Review for Larrival Cottage in France please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
SPJ

Website Review for Larrival Cottage in France please

Post by SPJ »

Just putting the final touches to a website that I've put together under the guidance of Alan Egan - his help through his videos has been invaluable, if there's anything that doesn't work, that's down to me, not Alan's advice. I'd really appreciate any feedback please.

Thanks. Sue

And especially thanks to Alan.

http://larrival.com/
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

newtimber wrote:I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).
Thanks Newtimber. Really good point. That's why it's so useful to have other people look at it. Never occurred to me!!!
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

newtimber wrote:I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).
Hello Newtimber, just to say I've updated the front page with the info you suggest. Hope this is better.

http://larrival.com/
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

This is really a question not a criticism. I'd never heard of salt water pools so I decided to do some research. You say that
Our pool is a joy – using a salt-based system it is kind to eyes and skin and the water feels “soft”.
I found on the web this page http://www.spectralightuv.com/salt-water-pools which says
But when a salt pool is compared to a well maintained pool, there is no noticeable difference in how the water feels, looks, or tastes.
and the main benefit is financial. The site also talks of the risk of high chlorine levels and need for UV disinfection which made me concerned about the safety and wanting to know more about it. I couldn't find anything further on your site.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

newtimber wrote:This is really a question not a criticism. I'd never heard of salt water pools so I decided to do some research. You say that
Our pool is a joy – using a salt-based system it is kind to eyes and skin and the water feels “soft”.
I found on the web this page http://www.spectralightuv.com/salt-water-pools which says
But when a salt pool is compared to a well maintained pool, there is no noticeable difference in how the water feels, looks, or tastes.
and the main benefit is financial. The site also talks of the risk of high chlorine levels and need for UV disinfection which made me concerned about the safety and wanting to know more about it. I couldn't find anything further on your site.
Hi Newtimber. This link may help.
http://www.bluescience.com/swimming-poo ... pool-work/
You may also want to bear in mind that your link is to a company selling UV systems - so they are hardly objective!

Certainly our personal experience has been a noticeable difference in the quality of the water and how gentle it is on the eyes. (I used to wear goggles, I don't any more.) We used to put chlorine in our pool and then had an opportunity to change the system when we built the pool house. Certainly our guests appreciate it. And by the way we have always maintained our pool really well - whatever the system and our decision to change was purely based on wellbeing - chlorine ain't a great thing to be handling.

Given that you hadn't heard of saltwater pools - and I suspect you are far from alone - I'll add a short page somewhere that explains more about saltwater pools and how they work and the benefits.
Thanks again for your input.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
Nice web site - Like the dogs !
The only comment I could make is of the internal photos
It looks very dark and all the lights are on , if possible I would take some more photos , as the cottage looks wonderful

Hope that helps

larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

VillaAntonioLanzarote wrote:Hi
Nice web site - Like the dogs !
The only comment I could make is of the internal photos
It looks very dark and all the lights are on , if possible I would take some more photos , as the cottage looks wonderful

Hope that helps

larry
Thanks Larry, good point. I thought the lights would make the photos look brighter. We'll be moving out in a couple of months and I'll take some fresh photos then when the cottage is back to gite mode.

Thank you for liking the cottage (and the dogs!) It is wonderful. Your's looks great too. I like the interactive plan on your site. How did you do that?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Having the lights on is a must - they add highlights, interest and atmosphere.

However, it’s possible that one or two of the interior shots could benefit from a minor tweak to the exposure to lift them a bit without losing the emotion. Worth a try.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

greenbarn wrote:Having the lights on is a must - they add highlights, interest and atmosphere.

However, it’s possible that one or two of the interior shots could benefit from a minor tweak to the exposure to lift them a bit without losing the emotion. Worth a try.
Thanks Greenbarn. Will do.
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Interactive floor plan

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi

The interactive floor plan I got is a compromise
My web site is built on Wix
I took the floor plan and put a thumb nail image in each room with it set to enlarge when you click on it
I have seen other web sites where they have used a purpose built application but not on Wix

Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Larry. Maybe a compromise, but works really well.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Great website!