Freetobook and FabPay - France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Sarlat Lady

Freetobook and FabPay - France

Post by Sarlat Lady »

Hi everyone

I'm about to finish creating my PMP website and have registered my domain. Now I'm looking at Booking and Payments systems before I put the website live.

From what I've read on LMH and having checked out their 'how to' videos I really like the look of Freetobook and FabPay although I think I may have come a cropper at the first hurdle because it says on their site "available in the UK only", so I'd like to check with you guys as I'm sure some of you are/will have been in a similar situation.

I live in the UK, the rental property is in France, all my rates are in euros and all booking payments get paid into a French bank account. I want to keep it that way.

Does that mean that FabPay is a no-go?

If FabPay is a no-go then is Stripe my next best option? I have seen comments on here about PCI compliance but I'm not knowledgable in that area. I just want the least convoluted compliant option.

Thanks!
I'm not as green as cabbage looking
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I use WaveApps, which is linked to Stripe, and I can use this just as you describe. Live in UK, bank in France, payment to French account in Euros. I had to verify my ID with Stripe at one point, and sent a scan of my passport.