Going it alone

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
teapot

Going it alone

Post by teapot »

I watched a program the other week on the US gold rush, the ones who really made the money were people selling shovels and sieves. Many prospectors lost everything including their lives.
Echo that to our lettings business and is it any wonder the agencies spring up to advertise. Owners Direct is hardly that, Isn't it about time LMH's took control and set up their own website advertising members properties, the real Owners Direct! ??
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Vince

Post by Vince »

There was a discussion about this a year or so ago, I even contributed a license for Jomres and a domain but the general consensus was "It's too much work for a small community" and the conversation died a death.

I think the problem is that everybody's too busy mining for gold, they don't have time to make the shovels too :D
CSE

Post by CSE »

or here:
http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27309
Good luck fighting the corporates.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
russellt

Post by russellt »

Vince wrote: they don't have time to make the shovels too
I've made a shovel. It's not your traditional design of shovel. I'm building more tools to go along with it. And I have started to dig with it. It's free to use if you want to join the dig.

Nigel G has also made a shovel, and is getting on with it too. Good on him.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Vince

Post by Vince »

russellt wrote:
Vince wrote: they don't have time to make the shovels too
And I have started to dig with it. It's free to use if you want to join the dig.
Nah, I got one of my own, thanks :D
COYS

Post by COYS »

I am currently trying out several of these new shovels, for which I am grateful as I haven't the required know how to make my own but am happy to do a bit of digging.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Vince

Post by Vince »

COYS wrote:I am currently trying out several of these new shovels, for which I am grateful as I haven't the required know how to make my own but am happy to do a bit of digging.
If you're not experienced with different types of shovels, mine might not be for you, it's a tool for experienced shovellers ( more of a JCB really ).

If, on the other hand, you are then crack on.

I mostly hang around these forums because I find them an invaluable tool for understanding the trials and tribulations of...er....gold miners, whether they prefer the pick or panning. What I offer isn't *really* for most of them, as it's more of a device ( struggling for metaphors now ) for people with many claims that want to own this side of their own businesses, or gold diggers or want to make money out of other miners.

Yeah, that didn't come out quite as I'd planned :D
CSE

Post by CSE »

Some shovels are used for the wrong purposes. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-12250712
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.