I've been an idiot

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm glad about that, was feeling very steamed up about the jerk Susan - as you could tell! Was doing the goat equivalent of getting on my high horse!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, well done Susan, just about right I think ! You did really well to re-let as well :lol:
Tuscan Sun

Post by Tuscan Sun »

All good stuff, as we can all learn from each other.
Thanks
debk

Post by debk »

Not sure how I missed this thread... but so glad it all worked out!

One question: are people marking a date as booked before money is received? Seems your calendar should stay open to the world until you have some cash in hand? If not, why not? (Maybe I missed more than just the thread... :lol: )
debk
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Deb,
you are right, you shouldn't block out the calendar until money is received. However, in 5 years I've only ever had one occasion where I haven't received the deposit after sending out the booking form. In addition this was such short notice and the guy kept sending follow up e mails saying he had sent the cheque and was worried it hadn't arrived, so I mistakenly gave him the benefit of the doubt.
debk

Post by debk »

OK, I read quickly through the whole thread and it seemed like there were comments that other bookings were (or possibly were) lost in the process. But I probably read too fast. Thanks... and, again, glad it worked out!
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

debk wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread... but so glad it all worked out!

One question: are people marking a date as booked before money is received? Seems your calendar should stay open to the world until you have some cash in hand? If not, why not? (Maybe I missed more than just the thread... :lol: )
debk

Hi. This is where I use my "provisionally" booked bit.Someone asked me last year what was the point of the provisional booking, but for me, this is it! All has worked out well SO FAR !!! :wink:

ps- I keep it at provisionally booked until the cheque has actually cleared.