New emissions regulations

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Dotty wrote:As we'll be coming over at the end of March we applied last week on-line for a sticker to be posted to our UK address. We have email confirmation of the application which should be sufficient if the sticker doesn't arrive in time (I think it should be within 28 days). Will see how the system works before contacting any of our summer guests.
.... A quick update on the process. On the 2nd March I received an email saying the sticker would be despatched soon and with an attachment which would serve as justificatif until the sticker arrived. The sticker itself arrived today.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I suppose that means mine will have arrived, I also got the email on 2nd March.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

As I understand, the sticker is only required when and if a certain level of pollution is officially declared in certain large cities, which of course is not often so I don't see the need to bother. I drive up to Paris from time to time but have no intention of bothering with a sticker and in the rare event of pollution being declared, will just change my route.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We have to drive through part of the declared pollution zone around Grenoble and it is difficult to avoid it. Alternative is a 40€ toll for the Frejus tunnel, so a 4€ cost for a sticker is a no brainer.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Hells Bells wrote:We have to drive through part of the declared pollution zone around Grenoble and it is difficult to avoid it. Alternative is a 40€ toll for the Frejus tunnel, so a 4€ cost for a sticker is a no brainer.
But, unless my understanding is not correct, any pollution zone is only a pollution zone when an official "pollution" declaration is published, perhaps only once a year, if that.
Honi soit qui peu y boit