First year, not sure what to expect regarding bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
whirlybird

First year, not sure what to expect regarding bookings

Post by whirlybird »

Hi,

After two years of refurbishment and tidying etc we are open for business end of March. We are using Holiday Cottages, who have been fine so far. What I would like to know is how many weeks do people have booked so far ?
We have two cottages, 60 weeks total available, 14 weeks booked so far, so just under 25%.
Is that bad/normal/good ?

Many thanks

www.moorparksdevon.uk
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Hi Whirlybird

It will be different for everyone but I am booked from the second week of April until the end of September, except for a couple of weeks in May.

Last year was my first year and although I started later, and therefore booked later, my bookings were similar to this year in the end. Bookings for October and Christmas started coming by about mid Summer.

Hope this helps
Jenny
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Sounds pretty good to me.. wonder when you actually began advertising??

I currently have 20 weeks booked through my own site / listing sites - many of those bookings came in Jan - some came last year.

In the whole of my first year (April to April) just with a local agency I only had 19 weeks booked but hadn't begun advertising with them until very late in March ...
whirlybird

Post by whirlybird »

Thanks for the replys.
This is our first year, so we are trying the agents.
If they do well we will keep them, but if not we will do it ourselves.
I think our sites went live December.