HA/OD guest has not continued with booking after amendments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Annew

HA/OD guest has not continued with booking after amendments

Post by Annew »

I received and accepted a book now booking from HA, but, after speaking to the guest on the phone, changed the dates on the booking. I sent a revised quote with the different dates so requiring the guest to click to accept revision. They have not done so, but have got wise; contacted me direct and wish to book directly with me to avoid the HA/OD charge. (yippee, the message is getting through)

Guest contacted OD to cancel booking, but it is still showing as tentative on my HA calendar. Obvs, I don't want to reject the booking as it will show as a negative on my stats. I also want to avoid talking to the 12 year old morons that man the phones on the HA helpline (I'm sure you know what I mean)

Any suggestions Hatters??

Thanks muchly
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Will it not automatically expire in due course? I'm guessing (hopeless I know :wink: ) as I remain on subscription currently, but my sympathy lies with you wishing to avoid that dreaded phone call!
Annew

Post by Annew »

I had a long on-line "discussion" with them earlier today. HA have told me that I need to cancel the booking and it will show negatively in my stats. When I explained that the guest has cancelled and spoken to them online they gave me no explanation, but again said I need to cancel the booking and so on and so on.

So frustrating- every time I speak to these people it's like a Kafka novel!

So, I've decided not to cancel the booking - the guest has not accepted the revised quote (which as a change of date) so no payment has been taken from them. It will show as tentatively booked on my listing, but as I said before, the guest has booked with me directly to avoid the service charge, so no loss to me.

God awful site, with awful customer service, on both owner and guest side.

Rant Over!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Nemo wrote:Will it not automatically expire in due course? I'm guessing (hopeless I know :wink: ) as I remain on subscription currently, but my sympathy lies with you wishing to avoid that dreaded phone call!
No it doesn't' one of ours is, or was until i cancelled it yesterday still live 18 months on.....
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.