Posting my rental agreement online for guest access

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
KAB-Dennis

Posting my rental agreement online for guest access

Post by KAB-Dennis »

I currently prepare a customized version of my word doc/contract for each guest. I then email it and ask for them to sign, scan and return.

I am going away for a month and do not wish to have to spend down time on paperwork.

I am thinking I would like to post a generic agreement online (like Google docs) for each guest to download and complete.

Is there a better way?? I have never used Google docs. Is it easy to post a public document? Can you keep it private or password protected?

Thank you in advance
Kathleen
Kate
USA
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I have my T&Cs on a 'hidden' page on my website (not accessible via menu), and a JotForm booking form (also on that page) with a tick confirmation in lieu of signature. It's quick and easy to send a link to the page when a guest confirms that they'd like to book. The form and submissions are hosted on JotForm.

How important is it that you customise your agreement for each guest?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Like NeatandPicky, I send my T&Cs out with a Jotform booking form and they need to tick the box saying they accept the T&Cs when they complete the form. Nice and easy for everyone.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I use Wufoo forms Kathleen, they work very well, guests fill them in online, press the submit button and it comes whizzing back to me. :)
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Thanks everyone!!
Quick questions.......Does Jotforms and Wufoo require me to send each guest an invite via email etc OR can I just use a link on a generic email to have them go to the page where my form resides.
Kate
USA
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Certainly with Wufoo you can just put a link in an email, don't know about Jotform though.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

With both WuForm and JotForm you can send an email link to your guests or insert code into your website so the form shows there.

I was v keen on WuForm which I started with, but found the (from memory 10?) question limit for free use didn't allow me enough flexibility. When I learned afterwards (on here) about JotForm, I recreated my form with with them instead as they don't have the same restriction.

Good website video tutorials, and online support helped me tweak everything the way I want it.