Refund help needed please!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
HPD

Refund help needed please!

Post by HPD »

Hi I really need some advice please. So a little while ago a couple booked a weeks stay. The husband put his wife's name on booking form as lead name and said it'd be easier to contact her. However it has been him that made deposit payment and two other installments (they didn't ask to pay like this- just did it!). They haven't paid full amount yet. Anyway this weekend the wife emailed to say they've split up so have to cancel. I then emailed the husband and her to the email on form to confirm they wish to cancel and to give me account details to refund the money minus deposit. She's replied confirming and given me account details. However the account is in a complete different name to hers. Now do I refuse, do I say can only be lead name but then that would be her and its him that's made the payments?! I haven't had any contact from him. What would you do?!! Thank you.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I would refund only to the account that made the payment.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Wait. We had the same problem last month and solicitors got involved.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

HPD - just a gentle reminder for future enquiries. You've put this question on 3 different threads. I've responded on another. It would have been good to have our replies in one place so that we can respond to one another.

Giraffe x
The best things in life are free
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Giraffe wrote:HPD - just a gentle reminder for future enquiries. You've put this question on 3 different threads. I've responded on another. It would have been good to have our replies in one place so that we can respond to one another.

Giraffe x
Ditto :?