what to do if we have a hosepipe ban?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
pachypach1

what to do if we have a hosepipe ban?

Post by pachypach1 »

It's looking likely that Brittany will have a hosepipe ban this summer (already in place in 2 departements)
What does everyone do to top pools up (or not) in this case?
We have an above ground pool which, when it is in use does need topping up frequently.
Our contract does say ;

"The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for -
Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property or in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property or gardens.
Any loss or damage due to adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or any other matter beyond the control of the owners, including an inability to top up the swimming pool because of water restrictions"....

so I suppose we have covered ourselves, but in reality have never had this happen, and I just want to be sure how to explain this to guests etc.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Use a bucket? :wink:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pachypach1

Post by pachypach1 »

casasantoestevo wrote:Use a bucket? :wink:
haha :-)
CSE

Post by CSE »

B.O.S.
I think you have covered yourselves. Maybe have the hose pipe locked away if a ban does come into force. Some guests just do not give a monkeys about anything. Those are the ones which will use it no matter what. It could be you that ends up with a fine :(
Going back to the bucket idea would not hiring a helicopter to refill with his bucket, like this, be a salutation?

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.