Above ground swimming pool? Hot tub?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
loveka

Above ground swimming pool? Hot tub?

Post by loveka »

I wondered if anyone has an above ground pool, and can recommend any specific ones? We are thinking of getting one, mainly for our own use. However, there is a possibility we will rent our house out to guests in high season and live in the annexe, so would a swimming pool add to what we could charge do you think? We are in Cornwall.

In the annexe we were thinking of having a hot tub on a decked area right by the front door. The annexe will be a one bedroom, and there are a few similar ones in the area, so we were thinking this might be a USP! The hot tub is already there, so there would be no expense in buying it.

Thanks.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I think a pool, if done well, might increase the appeal and rental fee slightly, but possibly not by much in Cornwall where the weather can be variable to say the least (unless it is indoors?)

A hot tub on the other hand has huge appeal and would significantly increase bookings and rental fees I believe. However from what I read they are quite high maintenance so you would need to think about if it is worth it to you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I think unless a pool in the U.K. Is indoors or heated then it's not really a viable option. As a kid we had an above ground pool in our garden (Surrey) and even in the height of summer it was bloody freezing. A hot tub on the other hand can be used all year.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com