UK Netflix and French Chromecast

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
AndyH

UK Netflix and French Chromecast

Post by AndyH »

Hi

Does anyone know whether it is possible to play Netflix (UK version) through a Google Chromecast bought in France?

Previously I have taken our UK Chromecast out to France with us but that didn't work.

Thank you.
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

I have 2 amazon firesticks, they work really well but you get the French netflix, which is better for us as most movies & tv series are in 2 languages as are the subtitles. No UK catch up TV but we have a sat dish for that. Sorry i dont know much about the chromecast though.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Bassman wrote:I have 2 amazon firesticks, they work really well but you get the French netflix, which is better for us as most movies & tv series are in 2 languages as are the subtitles. No UK catch up TV but we have a sat dish for that. Sorry i dont know much about the chromecast though.
Thank you for the info. Assume that would mean subscribing to French Netflix as well ?
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

If you have a UK subscription it will work here & throughout the world, i pay in euros that is the only difference. I have a 4 user subscription as its popular with the our son & our foster sons & i dont have to worry to much about content unlike utube.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What Bassman said, Netflix in France is the French service, so different (and not as many films and series as the UK Netflix due to French authority restrictions) but all are in VO as well as French dubbed versions. My kids are very happy with it too!
Martha

Post by Martha »

You can change the language and subtitles on most Netflix programmes. Availability is according to the country you are actually in, not the country that the subscription is from. I see different content on Netflix depending on whether I am in France or the UK. It's pretty similar on both.

How to change them depends on the device.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
ronsat

Post by ronsat »

We have a Netflix subscription in Canada - and it works fine when we are in France (using a Chromecast). Nice to have the different set of programs available when we are in France that are not available on Netflix in Canada
We are Canadians who love spending time in Languedoc.
http://www.languedocvacationhome.ca