2017 season bookings for LMH´s in mainland europe?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I've still got 2 weeks to sell (ours is a short season) and it's the same sodding weeks I have struggled to sell for the past few years :evil:

Enquiries have completely dried up, well in fact there's been very few since January.

Mouse
x
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've got all but the Tour de France week available, and nothing for next winter yet.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

I am quite much booked. Our listing is in Sweden
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

Still 3 weeks left in July/August which is a first for us in over 6 years. UK enquires/bookings are down about 80-90%, thank God for Abritel via HomeAway!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Abritel used to do well for me, and I am on there via Homeaway, but that too seems to have dried up.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I sold one of the weeks we had left via OD at a discount.....then a week later had a call from TOTS saying they had a client desperate to stay that week and so they were just checking it had been sold :cry:
That damn June one is still unsold and no interest whatsoever.

Any LMHrs fancy a discounted week in Ibiza?! :D

Mousie
x
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Mouse, what week is it? I am actually looking at Formentera ferry dates at the moment, we went to Ibiza 3 years ago you gave us some v good advice.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Gardenboy. ...it is Saturday 10th to Saturday 17th June.

Yes I remember you visiting! . ..gosh was it 3 yrs ago! Time is flying by.

Mousie
x
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Same here with number of people looking at our site way down again this year. Only had 2 bookings from UK last year and not much interest this year so far. Hope it picks up soon with French guests. Looks like it is generally pretty much the same all over judging by previous comments.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Very quiet here in Northern Italy. Brit enquiries are non existent. I am hoping for last minute booking for Europeans. Some of the rentals sites have produced zip this year - OD nothing. I recall 10 years ago I only used OD resulting in fully booked for the main season. How things have changed.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

ianthy wrote:Very quiet here in Northern Italy. Brit enquiries are non existent. I am hoping for last minute booking for Europeans. Some of the rentals sites have produced zip this year - OD nothing. I recall 10 years ago I only used OD resulting in fully booked for the main season. How things have changed.
Me too ianthy! Used OD to fill this place for over 10 yrs. This year they've filled about 55%. Nothing from the other sites apart from TOTS, or social media.
I am feeling fortunate that we only have one week unsold this summer.....Gawd help us for 2018. I hope we get some repeats. No matter what I did I couldn't shift the unsold week.

Mousie
x
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Mouse wrote:
ianthy wrote:Very quiet here in Northern Italy. Brit enquiries are non existent. I am hoping for last minute booking for Europeans. Some of the rentals sites have produced zip this year - OD nothing. I recall 10 years ago I only used OD resulting in fully booked for the main season. How things have changed.
Me too ianthy! Used OD to fill this place for over 10 yrs. This year they've filled about 55%. Nothing from the other sites apart from TOTS, or social media.
I am feeling fortunate that we only have one week unsold this summer.....Gawd help us for 2018. I hope we get some repeats. No matter what I did I couldn't shift the unsold week.

Mousie
x

I was thinking to upgrade our place next year with AirCon as I am sure we are missing out on some American bookings due to not having it. Here's hoping that discounting war doesn't break out.
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

We are less booked this season than the 3 previous.....anyone else in the same boat for winter ski 2017/2018? Can’t blame the snow.....there is tons of the stuff! There seem to be more properties available this year but we still get to the front page of Airbnb. We even still have feb half term available which is unheard of! Most of our winter bookings are UK based, I wonder whether the poor exchange rate is contributing?