Independent owners down

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Frenchlady

Independent owners down

Post by Frenchlady »

Our website with iowners is down and so is everything connected to it. We have seen the domain for sale which is worrying. Can anyone recommend a good free Web builder site which also allows you to put on other languages? Hoping the site will return as it has been excellent over the years. Wrong time of year for this to happen so need to sort quick. Others will no doubt be in same situation.
Little Villa

Independent Owners Site

Post by Little Villa »

Our property is on IO so we are in the same boat as you. I hadn't realised it had been up for sale. That's very worrying. It has been really brilliant for us over the years, so although it looks a bit dated now, I would be happy to continue with it. Like you say French Lady, all our 'stuff' is on there, and I NEED it!

Their customer support is usually good. I hope it comes back up soon.

I had been vaguely looking at PMP, which is more modern looking and has more features, and it gets good reviews from those on LMH who use it. I don't know any more and don't know about languages. Someone will probably come on soon and say.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

If you're talking about independentowners.com it's not up for sale. It's available. Anyone can now register that domain.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Independent owners is back - thank God for that. They had just taken a payment from our account this morning which we have set up for the non-adverts so was even more worried. Have now copied all my pages so I have all my info in case this happens again and I need to set up a new site. Should have done it anyway but you live and learn.
IOwners

Post by IOwners »

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the delay in posting a reply.

We are relieved to say that our server host has resolved their issue. The database is back online and Member websites are now fully operational. We will continue to monitor the situation closely to make sure everything is working as it should be.

It is important to note that IndependentOwners.com is not going anywhere and information about the domain being available is false.

Again, we are very sorry for this technical issue, and hopefully everything is ok now - if not, please contact us ASAP.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your understanding and extended patience as we dealt with this issue.

Warm regards,
IndependentOwners.com Support Team
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

If you do decide to go with a new site I can highly recommend promote my place AND the people who run it and I have a code which gets you a small discount. This shows all the gizmos and gadgets you can have on there, which includes automatic translation into other languages but you can put your own version up if you prefer. https://www.promotemyplace.com/features.aspx

My referral code is 453158