Had our first booking!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
G.H

Had our first booking!

Post by G.H »

Our website has recently gone live and we're about to list on OD, airbb and to advertise locally. Amazingly our first booking came from me happening to mention it on a photographic group, being contacted and the guest actually rather liking being in on it early and getting regular updates on the work/furniture arriving! She's a regular visitor to Scarborough and plans on our apartment being her twice yearly holiday stay which would obviously be lovely. Can't wait until the rest of the furniture arrives and we can get it properly photographed. Just wanted to share my excitement on it actually being real!

Gina
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Congratulations! The first booking of many I'm sure :D
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Congratulations!!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Well done, sounds like a good one to keep. Our first ones were Japanese! Communication was limited, a real baptism of fire, but they were lovely and sent us pics and Xmas cards.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Oh, brilliant. Well done! Now they have just got to tell all their friends and you will never need to involve anyone else! Actually, unfortunately not the case, as the vast majority of us still need those pesky listing sites even after years of being in business, but it is really good not to have had to pay for this through commission or subscription.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Well done G.H - what a great start.
The best things in life are free