OD average price killing business?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
seaturtle

OD average price killing business?

Post by seaturtle »

Our last minute May price is €699 week however guests (who don't put in dates) are being quoted €450 a day! Our Dutch & German guests are obviously running a mile.... :(

Any idea how we can lower the average price to get a fair crack of the whip?
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Put in a really low price for a period that you mark as unavailable/already booked....
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

PW in Polemi wrote:Put in a really low price for a period that you mark as unavailable/already booked....
That may not work any more. They change the formula all the time, but I think they ignore already booked dates or only look at prices 90 days in advance.

As it's more and more difficult for people to search without giving their arrival and departure dates, it's not that important any more anyway.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes I agree that they're changing the formula.....I used to get around it by pricing the winter period really low as we don't rent out then. But that stopped working over a year ago.

I've also tried lowering booked periods but that doesn't work for me either. Also when I put in 2018 prices that had an effect too.

A tip.....if you have a special offer then put it in your 'headline'. It will be seen by anyone searching the list of properties.
I just sold one of my last week's by doing that.

Mousie
x