Living in The Shires Magazine

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
drumchork

Living in The Shires Magazine

Post by drumchork »

I was phoned by Living in The Shires Magazine, based in Leicestershire, uk.

Eventually I agreed to
Your package includes:

A 10x5cm advertisement
With 60words, with x2 images and your logo and contact details include.
Full promotion.
Full proof of advertising.
Full copyright of your advert.
A copy of the magazine with extra copies (available upon request) for marketing and P.R Purposes.
A digital copy of your files to use to feature on your website.

This was agreed at the totally reduced rate of £120 + Vat.
------------------------------------

on checking online it appears to be a booklet rather than a magazine, it was claimed that they have a large following of walking, cycling, hiking adults and my area was perfect for their following, I'm not so sure now.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

This may be one of those times when you wish you hadn't wasted your money. Not the identical name, but I bet it's the same company. Never part with your money to a cold call until you've either had time to check it out or they've sent you an email or such like for you to read at your leisure. There are lots of companies out there that who run similar "rip offs" if scam is too strong a word. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=5149434
drumchork

Post by drumchork »

aye, I know :( .
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

You're in the best place now. It's not the biggest sum you could have lost, but with the wisdom found here, you'll be able to run anything else past the owners here or do a search. It's amazing what you can search for and learn here. :wink:
drumchork

Post by drumchork »

:D :D