Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Heat pump Recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Managing your garden and pool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sueb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Heat pump Recommendation Reply with quote

Hi All,
Our heat pump has given up on us, we had the engineer out today and the compressor has gone so we need to buy a new one. We have a 10 x 5 meter pool, 1.5 meters deep, so 75m3. The current heat pump is a competition 50HPCA-E, 15 kw and we have had it running now for 8 seasons, replaced a fan and a few other things in that time, but I believe it has served us well. We will probably be looking to slightly increase the capacity on upgrade, so are now looking for a 20kw one, quite happy to source from either the UK or France. Does anybody have any recommendations for the best quality most efficient one now on the market, as we may as well go for the best quality, looking for quality, efficiency and longevity at the best price, like everybody!!!!!!!. Many thanks in anticipation.
la vache!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Polytropic 18kw which is excellent, it is 4 seasons so it heats when the ambient temperature is below zero. At the start of the season it heats up by around 4a day so it doesn't take long to have a warm pool. It wasn't cheap, I think I paid 6000 (you can find cheaper on the internet), but it is very efficient and means I can open the pool when Easter falls in March without worrying that the it won't be warm for guests.
sueb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for that, it's very helpful, off to do some internet searching now.
teapot

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the efficiency point of view, the latest inverter models are far better. They adjust to the requirements and are variable speed, although fully automatic.
Because of the variable speed they have a soft start rather than the hard on/off of the older models so everything takes a bit less punishment.
sueb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the very helpful information, we have taken on board all of your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Managing your garden and pool All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: