Scam Investor?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
pepsipuss

Scam Investor?

Post by pepsipuss »

Not strictly scam emails but I think a scam nonetheless.

Phone call from Swiss number from chap allegedly looking to purhase property for investor 'In Almeria'. Told him Las Tortugas not for sale but we have another house which is. Conversation went on a bit with him quizzing me about whether the property was with an agent, how long it had been, whether we had the right to sell privately etc. Also bizzarly he seemed to have no idea where Almeria was 'How far from Barcelona?' (9 hours) How far from Madrid (nowhere near . we are on the coast) In the end he asked if I would send him details if he texted me his email address.

I said OK but I must tell you that if there is any interest we will immediately put it in the hands of our lawyers for them to handle it as there are a lot of scams out there and we were once asked by someone who allegedly wanted to buy a property to go to Switzerland and collect the money in a suitcase in cash.

He assured me that he was genuine but that was pretty much the end of the conversation and three hours later I am still waiting for his text! :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Perhaps I am being over dramatic, but this says 'money laundering' to me. This was attempted by someone, acting for someone else, when I was selling a converted barn in England. It became obvious that he was looking for a seller desperate to sell and compliant enough to accept cash money 'under the table'. I had to disappoint him, but for a while he was persistent with repeated telephone calls and wouldn't take "No" for an answer.