Keysafe Headache

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

I used masterlock but had a few cases where it got stuck so changed to Yale and prefer it.

We had someone get a neighbour to call us because they couldn't open the Masterlock keysafe. They were't putting enough pressure on the lever as they just had their nails done (Maybe also why they couldn't use their own phone to ring us??)

The Yale works with a push button instead of lever which is simpler to explain. The other thing I like is that it doesn't stay closed with the correct combination lined up so guests can't leave the key in safe and not scramble the digits (unless they leave the safe door open).

It also has a more modern look in my opinion.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I can't find a Yale one with push button although a blog about keysafes says push buttons are not as safe as combinations.

Is this a model some of you have? It's a Yale Y500. https://www.safe.co.uk/products/yale-co ... s-box.html
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

Yes, Nemo, that is the one. It is a combination lock but instead of holding down a level to open you press the button above the combination.