Henry Hoover Filters

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
akwe-xavante

Henry Hoover Filters

Post by akwe-xavante »

Has anybody tried washing a Henry hoover filter in the washing machine?

Was it successful?

I take dogs and it's starting to pong somewhat.
AndrewH

Re: Henry Hoover Filters

Post by AndrewH »

akwe-xavante wrote:Has anybody tried washing a Henry hoover filter in the washing machine?
No we haven't, but would be inclined to give it a try when necessary, because we have dogs too (our own). I expect you could buy a replacement at no great expense if it all goes pear shaped (literally!).
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Suggest you buy the replacement first, then try rubbing a wet hand over the original filter to see how many dog hairs you can collect before hand washing the original filter. Hand washing works with our Rowenta wet'n'dry vac. I never machine wash the cat's bedding - I don't want any cat hairs in my washing machine 'cos it's odds on that if any escape my beady eye and thorough wipe round inside the drum, they'll end up on the guests' bed linen! :roll: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Albert's quite perplexed

Post by Albert's quite perplexed »

Hi - Amazon sells a range of replacement filters for Henry vacuums and they're not expensive.

I wouldn't put a filter in the machine to wash it.
If you just want to clean your existing one up, brush it with a nailbrush dipped in bicarbonate of soda, that'll neutralise any niffs.
I often put a few drops of essential oil into a jam jar full of bicarb, and sprinkle some of the mixture onto carpet before vacuuming, that keeps the vacuum sweet, and the bag fresh.
Life is a deck of cards... read 'em and weep
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

Thank you to those that have replied.

I think you're right leaving behind hairs etc in the washing machine afterwards may be an issue.

Hand washing using bicarb and a brush sounds like a good idea.

Bought a couple of non genuine but compatible filters on ebay this week. Swapped out the filter so i'll give this a go this week.

Thank you again.