Stripe

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
mousey

Stripe

Post by mousey »

Hi, thanks to this forum Im now set up with Stripe, can anyone please send me a link to show me how they describe accepting stripe on their personal website
Thanks
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Yes, if you go to our personal website (see below) and click "PAY ONLINE" you will see how we cover the topic. It may not be the best way, but it seems to work. You can click on through to stage 2, but don't go to stage 3 unless you are feeling generous!
Little Villa

Stripe

Post by Little Villa »

Hi Andrew. Can you choose to receive your guests' payments in Greece, or do they go to UK? Just wondered, as many of these card payment systems don't support Croatia, even though it's in the EU. :?
AndrewH

Re: Stripe

Post by AndrewH »

Little Villa on a Hill wrote:Hi Andrew. Can you choose to receive your guests' payments in Greece, or do they go to UK?
We price in GB pounds and we bank in the UK for our letting business, so Stripe direct funds we receive to our UK bank. It so happens that 99% of our guests are from the UK so the system works well for us. Even if owners welcome guests from many different countries, the denomination of their debit or credit card is not the problem. What does count is the country in which the receiving bank is situated.

When we joined Stripe there was a limited number of European countries in which they would operate. It was a short list, but I don't remember which countries they were (apart from the UK).
Little Villa

Stripe

Post by Little Villa »

Thanks, Andrew. I've been in touch with Stripe and they will email if/when they operate in Croatia.