FB better late than never!

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

COYS wrote:That gave me a good chuckle Essar.
It gave me a good chuckle too. I am glad to see that I am not the only cantankerous old b***** round here when it comes to Facebook.

I get a laugh being given the opportunity to shout it to the world on Facebook what I have just bought, after making an Amazon purchase. The last one went something like this:

"Hey, I have just bought on Amazon a replacement fridge door hinge assembly. Part No. 12345xyz !"
COYS

Post by COYS »

AndrewH wrote:
COYS wrote:That gave me a good chuckle Essar.
It gave me a good chuckle too. I am glad to see that I am not the only cantankerous old b***** round here when it comes to Facebook.

I get a laugh being given the opportunity to shout it to the world on Facebook what I have just bought, after making an Amazon purchase. The last one went something like this:

"Hey, I have just bought on Amazon a replacement fridge door hinge assembly. Part No. 12345xyz !"
And while your're at it don't forget to leave a review for that fridge door hinge assembly!
Last edited by COYS on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

As for the blog russellt, well that's another can of worms that I just can't quite get yet either. I love to write & I love to read but there can be absolutely nothing original left that hasn't been blogged to death already. So that would mean yet more mundane musings (from me anyway) just to generate FB posts?
This seems like a self generating circle of the same old stuff. My head hurts again.
I have often thought the same, but am getting better at it. I find putting a personal spin on it helps...what you are offering is personal recommendations for your favourite activities in the area, a bit of inside information and perhaps a few little personal details that other blogs won't have (eg 'the children loved the opportunity to climb inside the life raft/explore the hidden dells' etc).

I find copying and pasting paragraphs to a fb post, along with a good photo, works far better for post reach than just sharing a link to the blog post. However, I'm a bit concerned about duplicating content, which I know search engines don't like. Anyone know if this is likely to negatively affect SEO for my website?[/quote]
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

I love this post :D. Thought I’d write on it so I can find it again easily next time I want a chuckle.

I’m trying to drag my cottage marketing into the modern world so set up a Facebook account yesterday so I could create a cottage page. As I’ve never been a Facebook user I suppose it’s not surprising I fall more into the camp of Esser “banal crap about holiday lets, felt stupid” and COYS “yet more mundane musings (from me anyway)”!

Anyway, more positive thinking required (thanks Jenster) but I do have a couple of questions too. A main reason I wanted a Facebook page for my cottage was to add it to some groups for advertising without the use of agents, to hopefully get people to my website. Now I’ve got this far I think I need to join groups as a person rather than adding just my cottage page. Is that the case? Once I’ve joined a group as a person can I vanish into the background after pushing out my cottage page (wherever it can be pushed)?

I've come across a couple of groups in my trawl of Lay My Hat but was wondering if I have missed any that you would recommend?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Associa ... rtyOwners/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookholidaysdirect/

Incidentally, after my post trawl I was expecting to need to get 25 likes before I could set up my short username but luckily it allowed me to do so straight away, or I think I would have had a long wait…
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Do you take dogs SusanMay? If so I believe there is a fb group called Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation which is very good.

Holidays Direct - including Dog Friendly is also very good, and takes both dog friendly and dog free properties.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Ah, we don't take dogs (daughter allergic to them) but thanks Jenster, sounds like a good idea if we did. I'll look into Holidays Direct (if I ever get Facebook back, but that's another post :( )