which is the most appropriate way for me to advertise

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mackaanne

which is the most appropriate way for me to advertise

Post by Mackaanne »

please excuse my ignorance, I am a holiday let virgin, about to complete on purchase of a holiday home in Anglesey. My target market is families and I will be genuinely dog friendly as this seems to be a gap in the market.

Cost of a factor so I don't want to use the full services of an agent.

I already have a house keeper lined up

I am struggling to decide which website to use to list, after spending hours online I am non the wiser.

I want a site which will manage bookings and take deposit which seems really important.

I am not overly concerned about a website which gets loads of traffic to it, as there is a Facebook group called "pet friendly holiday accommodation". I can use this to promote by property but not take bookings, so the FB page would direct traffic for me to the agent.

Any comments would be welcomed.

Many thanks in advance.
A novice to this business eager for advice
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Try Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation on FaceBook. Well over 50K members now so if you advertise there you're in front of a lot of people!
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Welcome, Mackaanne!

My first thought was: why aren't you considering taking the bookings yourself, manually if necessary? The reason I thought that is that the major websites which are extremely keen to handle your bookings for you take a big bite of your income. I was thinking of the usual suspects: homeaway, tripadvisor and airbnb.

Then I thought a bit more and aside from the fact that the above doesn't answer your question, I remembered that there are people working very hard to provide exactly what you're asking for (I think). Have a look at rentivo.com. Their fee is £457 per year for providing you with a website with booking and payment handling. To me, that sounds like quite a lot but when I consider how much time I spend meddling with the code of my own DIY approach, it suddenly seems reasonable.

Rentivo isn't the only one. Have a look at homeescape.com. They are free to use and still provide a booking and payment handling service. I don't know how they make it viable though.

There may well be others.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day