Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Listing sites specific to France

Rental listing sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paolo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Listing sites specific to France Reply with quote

Listing sites specific to France
Karen O

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Our new website for gites.. Reply with quote

I have just picked up on this topic and would like to introduce our new website; I hope this is OK?
We have recently started Registered Gites . com to advertise, as the name suggests, just properties that are registered in some way (with local tourist board, with Marie or as AE and so have a SIRET no). We started this in response to the bad publicity for Owners Direct and Booking.Com, both of whom had non-existent properties on their sites. Our website was set up 4 weeks ago and we now have over 50 properties advertised on our site and quite a lot of interest - over 900 unique visits in the first 2 weeks of Feb.
It is free to advertise with us whilst we are building our web presence; please do have a look at the site. If you are interested in advertising on this site, please complete the contact form on there.
The site is www.registeredgites.com

If it is not acceptable to post this here, Admin, please remove!
French Cricket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by your definitions, Karen, as (as I'm sure you know) it's a legal requirement for all holiday rentals here in France to be registered with their local mairie as a meublé de tourisme, so I'm not sure what sets your criteria apart?
Karen O

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FC! Thanks for the comment asking for clarification...
Those of us living in France know that it is a requirement to be registered. Scammers and holiday makers from elsewhere may not and scammers don't care!! Scammers will set up ads for properties that don't exist!
We had visitors last year who paid over £2000 for a 'gite near Pau' and a week before the holiday was due to start, they were emailed and told 'the aunt was ill and so they could not use the property'. No matter what they did, they got no further communication from the purported property owner and in fact the property did not exist. At least they were warned before they left the UK, but they did lose over £2k.
Many similar stories have recently been on Watchdog and Rip off Britain featuring the biggies, such as Owners Direct and Booking.com as they were advertising non-existent properties. I used to advertise with OD and have never been asked for any confirmation that I own the property. We do ask for this before we make an ad live and there are other holiday listing websites that do this as well (we also advertise our own gite with Holiday France Direct who wanted a copy of out AE registration before our ad went live).
There will no doubt be other advertisers in this original list who also check registration and in that respect we are no different. We are just stating this upfront! We have recently started our website and I then found this thread and so thought it would be an opportunity to introduce our website, with its free advertising to people for whom it might be of interest!
Hope that helps clarify things?
Tournesol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Trying to register Reply with quote

Just tried to register and got this:

" 502 Bad Gateway
The server returned an invalid or incomplete response. "

Has anyone else on here registered with them and what has been your experience?
Rental listing sites