Calenders not importing into AIRBnB.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Calenders not importing into AIRBnB.

Post by cleanforum »

http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27691

Having probems importing ICAL into AIRBnB, this used to work.

I am importing from HA who seem to have no problems importing themselves.

Looks like the problem is with AIRbnb after finding plenty of people witht the same issue online.

If this is true and it is an ABB problem they should be all over it, as with the instant booking scenario double bookings are more an more likely.

Does anyone esle use ICAL imports to ABB and if so are they working correctly still?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My calendars are all fine and importing correctly. However I use PIMS to import from. I personally wouldn't import from one listing site to another and would always use a separate rental management system.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Problem seems to be with ICAL as far as I can see. I thought that ICAL was a standard in the industry? perhaps there is a more popular standard that might get better service from ABB..

I have seen that many use Google Calender with success. For me I would like to use my old PMP site for the master which can only export in ICAL format, I think.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Have tried everything now to import a calender to AIBnB. Nothing works. No error messages or clues, it has just stopped working.

So how can I contact them to report the error? Is there any support for ABB??
Goody

Post by Goody »

Hello,

Not sure if relevant but I'm having problems exporting my OwnersDirect calendar into our own website. The calendar appears but without any bookings showing.

I've contacted OwnersDirect and they say to recreate the link (URL) and wait 24 hours.

I guess we'll see if it works.

Dave
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

As I said, my ical works perfectly on Airbnb, and without being technically minded, I still believe the problem will lie within one or other of the sites rather than with ical itself.

Here's a third party website that tells you how to contact Airbnb. http://all-about-airbnb.com/post/142351 ... -via-email
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

To amplify Nemo's point I have written a short note on what iCal is all about.

Its supposed to be non-technical, but inevitably touches on a bit of techie stuff that most computer users will be quite familiar with.

Hope this helps. Do let me know and perhaps I'll amplify it where possible.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Nemo, I think that guide is out of date, at least the page and options that I see see are different. I see no option for example for contacting and selecting contact ->hosting,travelling etc ?? am I missing something?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

It appears that there is no online support for AIRBnB only a standard database of replies as to how it should work and/or the ABB community forum (wait years for a reply) or a US number to call (I am in Spain).

If ABB are the future then it looks pretty grim for us hosts.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've always managed to call AirBnB in France if I've had a problem, I don't have to phone the US.