HA/OD

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
LeeH

HA/OD

Post by LeeH »

After many months of refurbishment and decoration we finally opened our doors to our first guest on Saturday. They have a 3 week booking (which they're considering extending by a week) and have already recommended the place to their friends.

We've also received 2 bookings from HA/OD. The sums involved surprise me! The most recent booking is for a 14 night stay. On our website, anyone who books for 14 nights or more automatically gets a 15% discount - the booking software we use is quite flexible with offers like this. There doesn't seem to be a way to do anything similar through HA (or at least it wasn't obvious when we signed up), so we just have our standard prices on there.

The most recent booking has cost the guest £1,215 for 14 nights (including fees, etc). If they'd booked direct with us they'd have paid £935 - £280 less!

It has me half reconsidering our standard prices (though only half - I think they're fair at their current levels).

But the difference between £935 and £1,215! :shock:
I detest raisins, sultanas and other dried fruit, but you just try to keep me away from the mince pies!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The trick is to ensure that after their holiday, they're aware of how much they will save if next time, they book direct and tell all their friends. :wink:

Good luck with your property. I hope it continues to do well. :D
LeeH

Post by LeeH »

Nemo wrote:Good luck with your property. I hope it continues to do well. :D
Thanks!

And yeah, we have stamped personalised postcards in the property, so they'll have the web address, but the postcards also give them (and anyone they send the card to) a bit of a discount on their next booking...
I detest raisins, sultanas and other dried fruit, but you just try to keep me away from the mince pies!