Air BnB bought SuperControl?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Brockenbane

Air BnB bought SuperControl?

Post by Brockenbane »

I've heard that they have bought SuperControl, yet as a SuperControl client, we've not been told anything by SC themselves. As a private company, I suppose they wouldn't be required to post this information immediately into the public domain. But I worry that Air BnB would disconnect SC from the integrations with all their competitors.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the forum
News from last year.
https://www.tnooz.com/article/airbnb-go ... logy-push/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

Yes, but that only reveals that Air BnB has done a connection with SuperControl via its Channel Manager. There's a lot of difference between connecting with them to update rates and availability and buying up the company!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Precisely, that was the last I could that connects the two companies.So maybe you have heard something that is not correct.
The other way is that you have heard something too previously and that it is to be announced.
Have you reached out to SC via Facebook to ask them?
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

My understanding is that this was told to one of their Agency clients (and maybe all of them for all I know). You're right, though, I should ask them directly and see what they have to say. A quick check via Companies House does seem to suggest changes in their corporate structure in April, but it's short on detail.

The problem is that when you're not told things you wonder about the purpose behind them. Now it may be that their hands are tied (or rather their mouths gagged) by their new owners, but that hardly begets confidence either...
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I use Supercontrol and advertise using airBnb. It works very well, much better that the HA/SC integration.

Read into that what you want.
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

So do I in both cases. I'm surprised that you say that the AirBnB integration works better than HA. All I can assume is that you charge the same daily rate regardless of whether it's a 2 day stay or a 5 day one, otherwise you would find the SC/AirBnB frustrating, as AirBnB cannot differentiate between these cases. HA on the other hand works fine.

Be that as it may, my worry is that if AirBnB owns SC, then all integrations with independent agents (and not just HA) will be allowed to fall by the wayside.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Brockenbane wrote:My understanding is that this was told to one of their Agency clients (and maybe all of them for all I know). You're right, though, I should ask them directly and see what they have to say. A quick check via Companies House does seem to suggest changes in their corporate structure in April, but it's short on detail.

The problem is that when you're not told things you wonder about the purpose behind them. Now it may be that their hands are tied (or rather their mouths gagged) by their new owners, but that hardly begets confidence either...
These days it is hard to judge what is the truth or not....No I am not going to use THAT term!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Brockenbane wrote: Now it may be that their hands are tied (or rather their mouths gagged) by their new owners, but that hardly begets confidence either...
They can't legally do that if the deal's gone through and they'd be no point.

Purchasers will want their investors to know if they've bought another company as presumably they think it will increase their profits.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Brockenbane wrote:So do I in both cases. I'm surprised that you say that the AirBnB integration works better than HA.
My pricing works fine on short breaks, not exactly right but near enough. I get paid fine, I am on 60 day cancellation policy.

HA was a nightmare with Yapstone, and they changed their story wrt. OD, so I refused to deal with them on principle.
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

newtimber wrote:
Brockenbane wrote: Now it may be that their hands are tied (or rather their mouths gagged) by their new owners, but that hardly begets confidence either...
They can't legally do that if the deal's gone through and they'd be no point.

Purchasers will want their investors to know if they've bought another company as presumably they think it will increase their profits.
Not if they only bought a majority stake in answer to your first point, and as regards your second, if they judged it in their commercial interests to keep it quiet they could with such a small purchase.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Brockenbane wrote: Not if they only bought a majority stake in answer to your first point, and as regards your second, if they judged it in their commercial interests to keep it quiet they could with such a small purchase.
They couldn't keep it quiet for very long. The company only has 2 shares, so to get a majority stake, they'd have to buy the company and would appear under persons of significant control in the Companies House listings...
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

newtimber wrote:
Brockenbane wrote: Not if they only bought a majority stake in answer to your first point, and as regards your second, if they judged it in their commercial interests to keep it quiet they could with such a small purchase.
They couldn't keep it quiet for very long. The company only has 2 shares, so to get a majority stake, they'd have to buy the company and would appear under persons of significant control in the Companies House listings...
That's the point - in their latest submission only Robert is listed as a person with a significant shareholding, his wife appears to have disappeared. And there's no list of shareholders at all. This represents a departure from previous years.
beef3844675

Reply from supercontrol posted on ASSC forum

Post by beef3844675 »

ASSC Member Forum notification
Topic: Supercontrol have they been bought by AirbnB
By: Supercontrol Partners for Business

We work hard to build strong working relationships with all of our partners, including Airbnb, for the benefit of our clients and the wider industry. This is vitally important and we certainly prize our highly connected partnerships but that's as far as it goes.

Kind regards,
Melinda Kennedy
Managing Director, SuperControl