Missing sheet

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Missing sheet

Post by Sam V »

My manager has just called to say one of our super king flat sheets is missing from the master bedroom. The villa's been searched. Also they apparently continually called her to say the pool wasn't warm enough for swimming at night. She says it was 30 degrees.

Should I take the flack for a reduced deposit return, do I want guests back who think it's ok to take something and expect a pool to be a few degrees cooler than my have my UK hot tub?!
Last edited by Sam V on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

30C is lovely for swimming at night - and during the day! It was probably the air temperature that wasn't right. We find that when the water is warmer than 30C, there is much more risk of chlorine being eaten up by the sun and warmth, leading to the risk of nasty bacteria colonising the water.

As for the sheet, if you want to risk them not coming back/not leaving a good review/whatever, then you could maybe email and tactfully ask if the sheet was put away somewhere as it doesn't appear to be with the rest of the bedding... Otherwise, galling as it is, you'll have to put up and shut up. :shock:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Oh dear, re sheet i had a long chat yesterday with ha re damage deposit deductions. If booked and paid via ha you have to lodge a claim and ha act as arbitrator. So i asked ha what happens if client denies any wrongdoing....ha said i have to prove it.

So i take a walk round inventory with my phone, heads up be extra careful as it will be needed as evidence. Tomorrow i am meeting guests and i will get them to sign a letter saying i may use their damage deposit for any excess utility consumption...not a nice welcome but has to be done now.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'd ask them as PW suggests. Might not get an answer worth having but it shows it's been noticed. Maybe there was an accident and rather than try and wash it they binned it. Folk are strange.

Mousie
x
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Re pool temp i wonder if you got my cast offs...i had a booking ending c now but the lady kept asking about pool temps, as mine is solar i could not offer any guarantees so i politely told her my villa was not suitable. I just swam in a 29 degree pool and its lovely, i turned the heating off, you are supposed to cool down when swimming.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

30 deg too cold, they must be mad, I dream of getting to 30 deg and when it does I worry about baterial growth! I believe most people set there pool temperature to 20 deg which is warm enough for anyone. As someone else mentioned, it was probably more the air temp that was too cool.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Dusty wrote:I believe most people set there pool temperature to 20 deg which is warm enough for anyone.
I disagree. My OH will not even consider getting in the pool if the water temperature is below 26C - and I start swimming at 24C ish.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!