22 July Week

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
apexblue

22 July Week

Post by apexblue »

Struggling with 22 July. Know some schools break up that week. Do you charge peak season rate?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yes, I do charge peak rates as many schools finish the week before, but I only had that week booked last week and had been prepared to accept a short break.
I do think people are often booking late now
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Yes also. First week of peak booking rates. School holidays fully booked last Sept, mostly via OD. Doubt if I'll get that for next year given their changes of terms!
The best things in life are free
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Scottish schools will already have been off for 3 weeks by then, so yes, I would definitely have it as a peak week if you're aiming for a British market. Where I used to work in Scotland, that was the week that it got manic, for about 3 weeks until the Scots went back to school around the 15th of August leaving just the English and Welsh kids on holiday.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Peak for me too.

Also the Scottish schools break up earlier I think. I took a 2 week booking last year for the middle 2 weeks of July from a Scottish family.

Mouse
x