Too confused about: advertise prices versus booking.com

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
PortugalGuy

Too confused about: advertise prices versus booking.com

Post by PortugalGuy »

Hey,

i'm confused about this.

Can i have in my house, the prices per night for persons that arrive directly see them
and
the persons that use booking.com also are going to see that prices, that are different and more expensive.

On booking.com they say this:
"2. Prices, crossed-out rates and Best Price Guarantee

The prices on our Platform are highly competitive. All room prices are per room for your entire stay and all prices are displayed including VAT/sales tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email/ticket. Ticket prices are per person or group and subject to validity as indicated on the ticket, if applicable. Applicable fees and taxes (including tourist/city tax) may be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee. Applicable taxes may be charged by the accommodation in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee.

Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our Platform for a specific stay, product or service, however, these rates made available by Suppliers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example non-cancelable and non-refundable. Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.

The crossed-out rate shown for rooms is based on the third highest current price of the Supplier for your product or service with the same booking conditions in a 30-day window around your check-in date (15 days before and 15 days after check-in date; if less than 15 days are between today and the check-in date, we will use the corresponding number of days after the check-in date to result in a 30-day total). To ensure we are making a fair comparison, we always use the same reservation conditions (e.g. meal plan, cancellation policy and room type). This means that you get the same room for a lower price compared to other check-in dates at the same time of year.

We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your product and service of choice. Should you find your product or service of choice booked through the Platform, with the same reservation conditions, at a lower rate on the Internet after you have made a reservation through us, we will match the difference between our rate and the lower rate under the terms and conditions of the Best Price Guarantee.

The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary.

Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.

All special offers and promotions are marked as such."

I dont understand and didnt find yet a clear answer...

Can i advertise my own direct guest prices, without problems with booking.com guests???
Algarve Guy Renting houses
CSE

Post by CSE »

It is confusing and we understood that this goes against some legal rulings.
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-2661_en.htm
to quote below
In any event, given the serious penalties that can be imposed for breaches of competition law anywhere in Europe, businesses should take legal advice before proposing, or accepting, best price, price parity or MFN clauses as part of their commercial agreements.
http://www.osborneclarke.com/insights/L ... -new-Wide/

I think the last one is of importance.
Under the terms of the settlement, Booking.com will allow the hotels on its site to offer cheaper rates through other online travel agents, and on the telephone, but not via their own websites.
https://www.ft.com/content/010e0286-e76 ... e?mhq5j=e1

It looks as if this is still wide open.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
PortugalGuy

Post by PortugalGuy »

Wide open... but in the end will be us, owners that will take the fall
Algarve Guy Renting houses