Wave/Stripe credit card payments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Have you tried the contact form on the website (accessed via Help link), they responded very quickly to any questions I had.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Have you ensured credit card payments are turned on?
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I just sent myself an invoice and it has a payment button
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

They are on Facebook as WaveHQ. They've a post referring to the outage, and another when normal service was restored.

I've also found them v quick and helpful when I've asked questions (bearing in mind the time difference with Toronto.)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks all. Yes credit card payments were turned on. Now there is nowhere to go when you go into the settings for this. Dashboard>Sales>Credit card payments. You are just given an option to 'vote' for payments in your country. Although I tried that in case it led me somewhere. But it didn't.

I contacted them through support on Sunday. And again today. Not a sausage in reply. I resent my invoice to myself. But I am now going to try Facebook. They have evidently dropped the button for me! I am going to have one last try to make a new invoice to myself in case I got caught up in the outage...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'm also having problems. :cry:

I set up wave and set up stripe. Both as a uk business/address/tel.no. as I want to take £.

I managed finely to get cc payments turned on.
Sent invoice to myself.
Can't pay it.....keep get the 'Whoops' message.
Rang cc co. who told me that they're approving it but an amount isn't showing.
There is an amount on the invoice.

I too can't find a phone number to call......and their troubleshooting doesn't seem to cover this.

Anyone any ideas?

Mousie
x
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I've sent them email queries and they've got back to me quickly (bearing in mind Canada time difference).
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Neatandpicky I didn't see an email address anywhere....just a system to log an issue, which I have.

Do you have it to hand?

Mousie
x
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Sorry Mouse I should have said I've submitted support requests. Couldn't remember the details when I posted my reply to you.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I have an issue for ages as the credit card details don't come up for someone trying to pay. I see that I have had 43 email exchanges with one support person. As it happens, another one took about a week to get back to me and when I tried a new support request, I got a different person, so now I have two people trying to help me with the same problem, offering two completely different routes to get it working, neither of which work and both are mystified. This has now been going on for months. In fact I am so fed up with it ( and also so busy myself) that I am taking a couple of weeks off from the issue. I do find them willing and helpful but actually not that competent or it would have been sorted weeks ago.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Hi
I have a new Wave problem. I don't know how to charge to a card saved by the customer on Wave.

Customer paid the deposit by Wave and saved her card details. She now wants me to take the final balance from that saved card. Anyone know how this is done? There's lots of info on Wave about saving card details but I can't see any on using those details once saved.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It should be saved in the customer details (Sales section).
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Thanks. I can see it's saved but do you know how do I charge to it?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Create a new invoice, and skip sending it, use the Save and record payment option' at the bottom. There's an option to charge a credit card. If there is a saved card, it will allow you to charge it.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Yes. thanks so much. I just discovered it then myself by trial and error.