Vente au Distance account / Merchant account in france

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
dorie

Vente au Distance account / Merchant account in france

Post by dorie »

Hi All

Hoping someone can help!

I have a credit agricole business account with a credit card machine (monecam). I presume this means it is a merchant account..?

I am looking at signing up with Evivvo for reservations and they have a payment channel in place and say I can ditch the credit card machine, and my contract just finished with monecam so perfect.

But...I am trying to work out if removing the credit card machine means I no longer have a merchant account?

I have asked the bank - They were clueless, didn't know what Vente au distance was, Monecam tell me to ask the bank. My bank manager is on holiday for 2 weeks hence trying everyone here! Evivvo also asked me for the BIN code of the account which the bank had never heard of...

Anyone been through similar or understand the terminology?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Dorie, I can't help you information regarding a merchant account but I found this on the BIN code:

"Bank Identification Number (“BIN”) or Issuer identification number (“IIN”) is the first six digits of a bank card number or payment cards number and it is part of ISO/IEC 7812. It is commonly used in credit cards and debit cards, stored-value cards, gift cards and other similar cards.

BIN is beneficial to identify a card brand, issuing institution or bank, country of issuance, card type and category of cards. This information is very useful in commercial business for fraud prevention, especially in online store."