First challenging guests of the season...

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Indeed, French Lady. Quite right.

In our early days I would ring up and book a golf session or organise bicycle hire for guests. Then, on the day the guests would decide it was "too hot" or they were feeling "too lazy" and I'd be involved in phoning to cancel it. There were never any booking fees involved but just hassle of making phone calls - as though I had nothing better to do ...........
Woz

Post by Woz »

Luckily the past 24 hours has passed by without further incident and I am hoping we are on the 'home strait'.

I understand they managed to book their train tickets for tomorrow when they leave (they couldn't book them online as the local station doesn't have one of those machines to collect tickets from). I only realised this as a result of their problems so some useful knowledge has come out of this anyway, it's something I can now warn future guests about.

They are consuming a huge amount of internet (so far downloading over 8GB of data) but fortunately we are on an unlimited data package. However, when they reach 10GB (probably later today at the current rate) our system will throttle their download speed to a crawl to ensure we don't break our 'fair usage' cap set by our provider. That will be fun to hear about!!

Anyway, thanks for all the comments - I'm remaining calm and waiting for this lot to pass...

Warren