Towels - again!

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sammy

Towels - again!

Post by Sammy »

Just had some cream-coloured towels wrecked by suntan lotion/skin treatment. I cannot get the stains out.

So I have to buy replacements...do coloured towels get stained by suntan/skin treatments?

Thanks for your advice as always!

Sam
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

yes, some creams bleach coloured towels - lost a whole set to acne cream last year
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I lost 5 towels from one family 2 weeks ago, so I feel your pain.
I know what it is as, after we were all suffering the same 'stains' on LMH (years ago), I boldly asked a guest what caused it....he told me it was acne cream (peroxide I think)
It is usually young adults.

The thing that gets me is that they don't only ruin one towel.....why don't they stop after seeing what they've done?! Especially as I leave a lot of old towels for ad-hoc use.
I charge....as I feel there's no excuse for that sort of damage. It must have happened with coloured towels before so why not say or use avoidance tactics?
I showed the family the damage (to ruin 5 towels all one after the other left me speechless) and they had no choice but to accept. The girlfriend of the son owned up.

Mousie
x
Pirou

Post by Pirou »

I have white towels and have had no reports of this sort of staining yet and sorry and sympathy for the upset and irritation (& expense) for those that have. But what I'm thinking is, is that sort of cream really safe for the face??? It sounds vicious.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It is safe, it is a licensed medicinal product. It has been used for acne for many years.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

My (coloured) towels have been the victim of the acne cream too. A bath towel and two hand towels ruined.

Mother confessed at the clean linen delivery on their middle Saturday and she too was stunned her daughter hadn't stopped when she realised. Mother also said "it happens all the time at home."

I charged them. No argument.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Thank you for all your replies - I was living in the hope that coloured towels may be the answer - but alas, no!

Thanks again !!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Have you tried Viakal - there's a whole thread on here about it.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Thanks Kyreniagirl

No - I can't get it around here but I could order some on-line...do you think it's too late though?

The towels have been soaked in Vanish quite a few times overnight and washed in the washing machine a few times too..
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Well it can't make it worse can it? Might as well try if you are throwing them anyway. Have a search on here for the thread. I think Mouse (y) is the expert.
COYS

Post by COYS »

No chance I'm afraid. My daughter was prescribed the same thing last year. A steroidal cream containing peroxide. Grim stuff for anything but spots. Flannels, pillowcases etc, clothing all wrecked by it at home. Your towels have had it :cry:
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Pirou

Post by Pirou »

Hells Bells wrote:It is safe, it is a licensed medicinal product. It has been used for acne for many years.
Thank you Hells Bells. :) I thought I'd never heard of face cream that bleached towels though now you mention it I think I may have read about it ages ago during my explorations of L M H.

We get mostly older couples though so less cases of acne I suppose.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

COYS wrote:No chance I'm afraid. My daughter was prescribed the same thing last year. A steroidal cream containing peroxide. Grim stuff for anything but spots. Flannels, pillowcases etc, clothing all wrecked by it at home. Your towels have had it :cry:
Thanks COYS - yes, as I thought - they have had it :cry: ... new ones on order now..

Thanks you everyone for your input!