Probably now facing massive HA rating drop

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Probably now facing massive HA rating drop

Post by Sam V »

I had a direct booking confirmed last year for two weeks in September this year (2 adults, one child). The deposit was paid immediately but I've not since had any response to any email requesting completion of the booking form, final balance payment reminder, etc. nada, zilch, all sent via PIMS, so I have no contact details other than his email. The final balance was due last week and despite warnings I would be cancelling the booking unless pay was received immediately, still nothing. So last night I decided to send a final email that the booking is cancelled, they've lost the deposit and can only rebook at the original rate if it's still available.

So following that, this was around 11:30 last night, I went onto OD, HA, etc to try to see how to update the calanders. Now it seems whilst I accidentally deleted my PIMS iCal on my HA listing and in the eight hours since (from around midnight) I've received three enquiries! One even has an alert that its 8 hours old, tisc tics that ive still not replied! So now I've reinstalled PIMS iCal my calander is back up to date and I now have to decline three bookings and imagine I'll now suffer a massive drop in my listing rating! I'm going to screenshot my current ratings before I do so and keep you posted. I'm off to the villa today for a 'holiday' at the villa too.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Sam V, are you sure it was you who deleted your calender? Earlier this week the whole of my forward calender disappeared on OD. The next day it was there again!
The best things in life are free
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I'm pretty sure it was me. I couldn't find how to clear the booked dates on my calander and inadvertently deleted the iCal link before I assumed that having freed the dates on PIMS that it may take a while to update on HA/OD
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com