Dressing gowns

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Riponnewbie

Dressing gowns

Post by Riponnewbie »

I've been recommended that I offer guests the use of dressing gowns / bath robes at my UK holiday let.
Can anyone recommend some that look good quality / luxurious and where to buy them from?

I am loathe to buy cotton towelling ones dues to how long they take to dry after washing. I've seen thinner cotton waffle ones and also microfibre ones. Any advice?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

We get waffle ones from Out of Eden, along with slippers.
I assume you’re aiming at the high end of the market? Guests won’t expect bath robes unless they’re paying top rates.
Martha

Post by Martha »

King of Cotton Waffle ones (I imagine OOE are similar) They're great - very popular and they do make the room look good. NB they are super easy to launder yourself but I find laundry services charge a lot. I think they have a set price that assumes towelling robes. Worth considering!

Greenbarn what happens with the slippers? Can you wash them?
Last edited by Martha on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I got some lovely waffle ones on eBay with slippers too
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Riponnewbie

Waffle gowns

Post by Riponnewbie »

Thank you for the feedback. Will opt for the waffle ones!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Martha wrote:
Greenbarn what happens with the slippers? Can you wash them?
No, they’re disposable (we encourage guests to take them if they’ve used them - they actually last a fair time even if grubby). However we were talking recently with Out of Eden (they’re local to us) and they're looking into producing some that could be washed and re-used several times. Apparently the problem with the way these are made currently is that the sole is basically a piece of card - not widely recognised for its resistance to washing!
Watch this space.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

What size of dressing gowns would you recommend for men and for women?
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I would always look at XL for the size same for both M & F this also helps with same sex reservations and keeps the purchasing easy

a while back friends of ours bought for their accommodation kimono's rather than the standard dressing gowns as so far they are working well and guests love them and also like to lounge around in them

at the moment i don't supply robes in my accommodation purely on a cost level however i do like them
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
aasta

Post by aasta »

We supply organic cotton waffel weave slippers and bath robes purchased from cotonea.de ...have been in use for 6 years and still look good. I purchased them in a dark blue. The slippers and robes are washed at 60 degrees and ironed so I am assuming that this kills germs......guests really appreciate them, so we feel it was a worthwhile investment
aasta
Riponnewbie

Post by Riponnewbie »

Purchased them from out of Eden. Have to lightly press them after washing but they do look lovely.