Website review request - Llandudno, North Wales

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Mildred

Website review request - Llandudno, North Wales

Post by Mildred »

I'd appreciate some feedback on this wordpress based website please
http://www.llandudnoholidayapartment.co.uk/

Thank you
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Info

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
Overall a nice website!

Some thoughts
- Assume some more photos of the apartment will appear in the "photos" section .... just noticed the internal photos are under "detail" maybe move them to "photos"?
- The first ting you read is
"Apartment 2 is a modern apartment located in the heart of Llandudno, "
- Maybe change to "The modern ground floor apartment is located..."
-Rates - "Preferred payment is by direct bank transfer, we can also take payments via telephone (small charge payable)."
You might want to consider accepting credit cards - lots of info on Wave/Stripe on LMHF
- Last thing , could not see anything about parking , small thing but important for some people
Hope that helps
Larry
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Hmm...just noticed that some of your wording on your home page is very similar to mine. Co-incidence, or should I be flattered? Be aware that duplicate content will not make Google happy.
Mildred

Post by Mildred »

Thanks for the feedback, am making the tweaks as we speak, parking I admit to skirting around as there's no off road/designated parking space, but have now made a suggestion for that.

I do accept credit cards over the phone via paypal's app, are you suggesting a instant payment facility?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I am concerned about your photos. You say that the apartment is spacious but the photos show everything rather cramped. Your sleep 5, but the dining room table is fold-away and fits 4 (if it's spacious, why haven't you got a bigger table and chairs so that 5 can fit?) and you have it laid for 2; the bathrooms and bedrooms look cramped; the arm chairs are against the wall rather than arranged as if a family were sitting there. And the TV is shown (with 2 stools facing away from it) in the window which I would imagine is not easy on the eyes on a sunny day.

I'm also concerned that your preferred payment is bank transfer; yet all you provide on your website is a mobile number and your first name. This doesn't give much security - what do I do as a guest once I've paid you the money and you don't answer the mobile phone? And is there a reason why you don't have the terms and conditions on your website and email them "on request"?

Your address is also hidden on a whois search of the domain name - potential guests need to be able to see you so that they can cross check your details on the website to make sure your website hasn't been hacked and it's a genuine site.

I see you accept card payments over the phone but not online. Online payments actually give both you and the guest more security - you get card fraud protection and the guest knows that his card details are secure.

Sorry if this is sounding rather negative, but I'm having difficulty with the descriptions matching the photos. Are bunk beds suitable for adults (you say it's suitable for friends) and why sleep 5 when you can only fit 4 round the fold-away table. Isn't your target market really a family with 1 to 2 small children or a couple?
Mildred

Post by Mildred »

Thanks newtimber, I appreciate any comments.

I'm in the process of installing a payments online option, along with T&C's, this should be up and running shortly. Card/telephone payments are done via the PayPal here app, payment over the phone was requested by a guest earlier in the year as she wasn't tech savvy (grand-daughter passed our details on).

The apartment is for 4 and the target audience would be families of 4, however as a family of 5 the option to have a 5th person (usually my daughter!) sleep on a sofa bed is appealing, I get your comment about the space re the 5th guest, an additional chair is available for that guest.

I'll take a look at my whois data now & make the change.