Music

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Codliveroil

Music

Post by Codliveroil »

We provide a DVD player and a CD player with a selection of CD's. I have only just progressed to this level from gramophones and 78's, so when a guest starts asking about bluray, mp something or other and bose systems I get palpitations!

What do you guys provide that is up to date and idiot proof for me to install and guests to use that ain't going to need a second mortgage?

Thanks for any advice, for systems.........not medication, lol
COYS

Post by COYS »

An iPod/phone dock/charger with an aux facility. Covers almost all modern day music carriers. Compact & no CD's to store or tastes to account for.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

A Bluetooth speaker.

We've ditched the ipod/mp3 as no one seems to use them anymore......but Bluetooth they do.

Mind you it's easy these days to pack a Bluetooth speaker (we do) but ours does get used.

Forget the CDS. ....people can download music easily these days.

Mouse
x
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

In the UK you have to be very careful. Holiday lets are considered "commercial premises" and the playing of copyrighted music requires a licence. Leaving CDs for guest use would fall under that.

Of course being the UK it is more complicated than that as there are some exemptions. You would need to check the licensing rules where you are
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

We got this. It's got Bluetooth, radio (fm and DAB), AUX and a CD. Good name. It is very light weight but it does the job and it pretty cheap we thought. Pay a bit more if you fancy something a bit sturdier.

https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-sc- ... d/p2581480

Something like it would maybe suit you? You mention Bose. Bose are known for their Bluetooth speakers. Very good but expensive and not as versatile. I'd be worried about putting one in a holiday home, mainly because of the cost of them
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

I don't provide anything at all other than a Blu-ray player for one of the TV's and a DaB radio. That's it.

Nobody has asked for anything at all or commented about the lack of anything.

I believe and find that today the majority have online access to there own music using there own devices they bring with them.

iPads, Smart and iPhones etc

I can't see a need to provide additional devices or ways and means for guests to listen to music or video they bring with them in the form of vinyl, tape (What's that!), or cd anymore as there music is stored online in the cloud nowadays and they take it everywhere with them as they go about there daily activities.

The Blu-ray player does get used occasionally by older guests or guests with young children as some guests do bring there own favourite DVD movies with them.

Everybody else carries there music and video in there pocket all day every day today.
amandajane

Post by amandajane »

We have a Boombar sound bar Bluetooth speaker. Works well and was very cheap as we got it on Tesco double up points a year or two ago.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

We bought a bluetooth soundbar for the tv to give better sound when watching telly and say it can connect to devices. However I think people (myself included) bring their own. The quality of small portable speakers these days are so good.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We recently bought a John Lewis own brand Bluetooth speaker to see how it went down with guests. We use it with our iPads and iPhones - it's very easy to connect.

Before that we had a mini hifi which had a tape deck (remember those?), CD player and radio. The CD player stopped working and we had a long debate about whether it was worth replacing it. Hence the Bluetooth speaker. If that worked out I was planning on replacing the hifi with a digital radio. At the moment we tell guests before they come that there's a radio and Bluetooth speaker available for them.

Guess what - our last guests rang up to complain that the CD player wasn't working and they'd bought loads of CDs with them. So it looks like we won't be abandoning CDs altogether just yet. Susanmay's Panasonic looks like it might fit the bill.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Martha

Post by Martha »

Two BOSE bluetooth speakers - well, actually neither were originally Bluetooth but we were able to convert both.

One has a little square widget that plugs into the old iPhone socket. The other has a CD and radio, and the bluetooth converter goes into the other auxiliary socket. Both work great, no problems so far touch wood!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix