Bookings

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Happy Days

Bookings

Post by Happy Days »

Hi,
Any advice on preferred partner scheme with bookingdotcom?
Just had 8 nights cancelled for August just before 7 day deadline.
Frustrating as it was booked 6 weeks ago. Can't do anything as it's in the rules.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I also use them plus ABB and bookings are about 50/50 between them. Just have to make sure to keep the respective calendars up to date as soon as a booking comes in.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

increase your cancellation policy - for gites ours is 30 days, 15 days for B&B
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

When you watch the latest TV adverts for B.com they are practically encouraging guests to cancel - the whole point of the advert is to tell people how easy it is to cancel. Hate the way this is all going and vow never to advertise with that company.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Unfortunately for us, it's BC that works for best with last-minuters - there's such a huge percentage of the travelling population who go there first. However, chambres-hotes.fr works fairly well for us, if you want to try another site. We fill up as many summer dates as possible with them before we open any gaps on BC. Sadly it appears another once good site, chambredhôtes.org has now been swallowed up by BC. We still get some enquiries, but nothing like we used to so I suspect BC aren't exactly pushing them on google.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

That is interesting Ecosse. I sent the guy who owns boths chambredhote.fr and .org, an e-mail moaning about the fact that now B.com seems to be taking the site over and people who have paid to be on his site are being pushed off by the dreaded big boy. He said he was not connected to B.com but has to take their advertising to help pay for the site????? ummmm!
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Frenchlady wrote:That is interesting Ecosse. I sent the guy who owns boths chambredhote.fr and .org, an e-mail moaning about the fact that now B.com seems to be taking the site over and people who have paid to be on his site are being pushed off by the dreaded big boy. He said he was not connected to B.com but has to take their advertising to help pay for the site????? ummmm!
I read that to mean that B.com pay chambredhôtes.org to put their properties on the B.com site and subject to B.com's rules about cancellation etc. If that extends to mean that chambredhôtes.org are hiding properties on their site, where they have been "transferred" to B.com, then there must be something unlawful about that.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

We paid 75 euros to go on Bedandbreakfast.eu and then found that other properties that are in our area (gites included which is not in the name of the site!!!) who advertise with B.com are also being put on that site, complete with their B.com reviews. Totally out of order. Hence, we have not had 1 enquiry from that site so that was a total waste of money. Guess we will not be renewing on that site next year.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

It looks to be the reverse of what I was thinking (above) and that B.com are paying to put their properties on these smaller sites and thereby diluting the effectiveness of the smaller sites. I suppose in law the likes of chambredhotes.fr are entitled to have these arrangements with B.com, but it might lead to their ruin in the end if and when their established customers, on seeing their bookings drop and the reason why, decide to leave them.