Sample lease for Italian holiday villa

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
seaturtle

Sample lease for Italian holiday villa

Post by seaturtle »

Has anyone a sample lease between owner & guest.

Is it in Italian or English? If the lease is to be legal in Italy then it would have to be drafted in Italian - so how could you expect the average U.K. guest to sign something in Italian? Bi lingual lease? Any ideas or links to examples better yet?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Are you talking about Terms and Conditions or a proper holiday rental lease. T & C's I had in both English and Italian. Never had a 'rental lease' as such, but obviously you would have to have it in Italian with an English translation for your guests to understand and sign.
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Im looking for a Proper holiday rental lease which contains all the terms & conditions & confirming payments made. I understand that stays under 30 days length don't need to be registered with the authorities.

If I supply a bi lingual lease to guests - I'm curious as to whether guests would be satisfied to accept the translation as bona fide when they don't know the Italian language.

Any links to examples anyone might have would be appreciated.
pambon

Post by pambon »

That is what I had, my accountant told me what to put on it concerning the payment, deposit and cancellation fees etc then I put in all the Terms and Conditions regarding the apartment etc.
My guests signed it on confirmation of booking but the Italian version was only presented to Italian guests which over ten years amounted to maybe 3 couples!

Correct about non registration up to 29 nights. If it's 30 nights and more then yes.

There are still many'grey' areas in the laws about holidays rentals and they seem to vary from Comune to Comune and my neighbour, to whom I was chatting with just yesterday, says that the Comune here has little idea about it all!!!!!

You DO have to fill in an online 'scheda' for your local police station for all your guests and for anyone, family or friends, who stay in the apartment regardless of paying for the pleasure or not.
I have family arriving next week for 8 nights and it applies equally to them. This registration actually applies to anyone who should also stay with you in your own home who is not declared on your Certificato di Famiglia with your Comune.

If something happens to your guest - dying, God forbid! Or gets mugged or has their rental car stolen or whatever, and they are not registered with the police you could be in trouble.

Good Luck!
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Yes I wonder what the Comune would have to say here about it. I doubt many of them would have much of a clue!

Will get onto the lawyer & see what he suggests.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

A lease agreement does not have to be in Italian to be enforceable under Italian law....you can use any language you want. The only thing is, if you have to go before a Court, you may have to provide a sworn translation.